Creating a "Student" Permission Set ahead of time will allow you to assign the correct settings to all students at once (versus each individual student). This will also gives students free access to Software Certifications and enterprise tools.
👉 Screenshots of the exact permissions needed and referenced in the video are shown here.
🚨🚨🚨 NOTE: If you do not have enough "Sales Seats" and "Service Seats" to assign your students, email us at email@example.com and we will increase the limit.
Step-By-Step Written Instructions Tutorial
Before starting, double check that you are in your EPP portal (default name "edu.com" which you can learn how to rename here)
1. While logged into your EPP portal, navigate to the gear icon in the top right corner.
2. Click on Users & Teams on the left bar.
3. Click on the third tab from the left named Permission Set.
4. Click the orange button on the right named Create Permission Set.
5. Type the name of the Permission Set such as "Student" under Name.
6. Select the settings listed here or in the above video, which includes the settings needed to complete HubSpot software certifications and practical exercises. 🚨🚨🚨 NOTE: If you do not have enough "Sales Seats" and "Service Seats" to assign your students, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will increase the limit.
7. Click save and you now have created a "student" Permission Set!
👉Tip: If you notice your students in the future are running into limitations in the software, it is most likely due to a permissions setting. For more information on the settings needed for HubSpot Software certifications and practical exercises, click here.
We would love your feedback on this article and onboarding process! Please click "yes" or "no" below to let us know if this is helpful.