Whether you are looking to better organize your portal or free up some space after students finish your class, this article will provide reasons why you would want to keep vs. delete "former" students in your portal.
"Former" students may be students who are no longer in your class or graduated from your university.
Pros of KEEPING former students in your portal:
- Students can continue doing work in your portal
- Once students finish the class and are on the job market, they can still access their portfolio of work
- Less work for you, the professor, to go in and delete
Pros of DELETING former students in your portal:
- Free up space (although most EPs don't reach their limit of 2500 users)
- Better organize your portal
- Doesn't affect access to certifications for students
Tip: If you are using your portal to ONLY assign certifications, go ahead and delete former students from your portal. Students will be able to keep their certifications as long as they keep that same email address. Deleting students from a portal has no bearing on their access to certifications.
How to add and remove users (students) from your portal:
Click HERE for step-by-step instructions