There are four main resources that you have access to as a professor joining the Education Partner Program.
- Sample Syllabi
HubSpot has worked with the faculty in the Education Partner Program to create sample syllabi you can use when designing your courses
The syllabi below are designed to give you ideas on how to effectively build a semester-long course. Most importantly, every single element of these syllabi are completely free for those faculty enrolled in the Education Partner Program.
These syllabi use free certifications, resources, exercises and HubSpot software to create a comprehensive approach teaching these dynamic topics and prepare students to be educated and informed professionals. It may be modified and adapted as each instructor sees fit.
Inbound marketing is the result of power shifting from the seller to the consumer, transforming the way that people live, shop, work and buy. As a result, companies must adapt how they attract, convert, close and delight their customers. Replacing the old, outbound marketing methods of buying ads, email lists, and scrounging for leads, inbound marketing focuses on creating quality content that informs consumers about a company and product, at a time and in a manner that works for them.
Find out more about inbound marketing here
In this syllabus, students will:
- Integrate the inbound marketing certification
- Discuss videos on buyer personas led by MIT Professor Bill Aulet
- Have students create buyer personas and appropriate content marketing strategies.
We’ve designed this syllabus with faculty from Harvard Business School and Bentley University to help students learn Inbound Sales as a powerful strategy for starting, running and growing a business. It will prepare your students to sell a product or service across different business models.
In this syllabus, students will:
- Integrate Inbound Sales and Inbound Software certifications. Both are available for free for faculty accepted to the Education Partner Program
- Discuss sales techniques for the 21st century.
Social media is everywhere. Increasingly, it is where people make connections, stay informed, and find jobs. In 2016, people spent on average 50 minutes a day on just Facebook - almost as much time as they spend eating and drinking. If people have changed the way they live and buy things, it follows that marketing and sales must adapt to this new lifestyle. This course will present an in-depth overview of creating an effective social media strategy.
Find out more about HubSpot’s take on developing social media strategies here.
In this syllabus, students will:
- Examine statistics from social channels such as Instagram and Twitter.
- Discuss the career of a Social Media Manager
- Create budgets to establish buy-in from executives to develop social media plans.
We’ve designed this syllabus in collaborations with HubSpot for Startups to help students learn inbound marketing as a powerful strategy for starting, running and growing a business. It will prepare students to enter the world of startups, the internet, digital and inbound marketing.
In this syllabus, students will:
- Integrate the Inbound certification
- Discuss articles by Brian Halligan, HubSpot CEO
- Have students create content to attract new customers
Hubspot offers certifications, short courses, and lessons. Before assigning certifications, there are a few important pieces of information you should pass along to your students. Read that here.
- Certifications will allow your students to complete a thematic series of courses. You can assign and track their progress in your HubSpot Portal once you join the EPP. Because a formal certification can be posted on social media and signal to employers that a student is adept at certain skills, we find that certifications are the preferred method of assigning coursework for most professors.
HubSpot offers two types of certifications: Software/vendor-agnostic certifications and HubSpot Software Certifications. More on these, below.
- Short Courses are specialized and take less than an hour to complete. They are embedded in certifications, so several thematic courses form a certification. They typically include quizzes, but not final exams, so students will not receive a certification or badge upon completion. However, they can still produce screenshots for you to prove that they’ve completed assignments or exercises.
- A lesson - our smallest asset - is a collection of videos. There are no quizzes or exams. It might be good to use this during class, as a point of discussion, or on an informational basis.
These types of certifications do not mention any software (including HubSpot). The goal of these certifications is to teach students and professionals the core principles for starting, running and growing a business.
Inbound Certification (2.5 hours to complete) - This certification course will teach students how to attracting, converting,closing, and delight your customers, in accordance with best practices in inbound marketing.
Inbound marketing Certification (3 hours to complete) -This certification course will teach students how to build an inbound marketing strategy. Students will learn different techniques that range from creating content, using social promotion, converting and nurturing leads, and other ways of marketing to customers.
Inbound Sales Certification (2 hours to complete) - The Inbound Sales certification will teach students how to features five classes that introduce you to the Inbound Sales Methodology. From identifying potential buyers, to developing outreach strategies, to building personalized presentations, this free sales training course covers the basics of what inbound sales is all about
Social Media Certification (4.5 hours to complete) - This certification course teaches students how to develop a concrete social media strategy, including , social listening and moderating, social content, extending your reach, digital advertising, measuring ROI, and more.
Email Marketing Certification (3.5 hours to complete) - This certification course teaches students how lifecycle marketing, segmentation, email design, deliverability, analytics and optimization come together to create an email marketing strategy that grows a business and a career.
Content Marketing Certification (4 hours to complete) - This certification course will teach students how storytelling, content creation, repurposing and promotion come together to build an inbound content marketing machine.
Sales Enablement Certification (4.5 hours to complete) - In this self-paced, online course and exam, learn how to align marketing and sales for optimal efficiency. Bridge the gap between marketing and sales teams with strategies and tactics from over 25 world-renowned leaders.
Growth-Driven Design Certification (4 hours to complete) - In the Growth-Driven Design certification course, students will learn how to build and optimize a peak-performing website that delivers user value and drives business growth. This includes video training, tools, quizzes, and templates to help you develop a strategy, build a launch pad website, and implement data-driven continuous improvement. In addition to the content, students will gain access to our global Growth-Driven DesignSlack community, where you can ask questions and collaborate with the instructors and thousands of Growth-Driven Design practitioners.
Growth-Driven Design Agency - (4 hours to complete) This certification course will give students the knowledge, templates, and real-world examples they need to start packaging, selling, and servicing Growth-Driven Design with clients. Note: Students should complete the Growth-Driven Design Certification before starting this agency-specific course.
HubSpot Software Certifications
These types of certifications are specific to HubSpot software. While their intent is to teach sales, marketing, and service-related skills, they do so via the HubSpot platform. They are very useful if you want students to fully understand HubSpot software and prepare them to use HubSpot in the workplace upon employment.
Sales Software Certification - This training course will teach students how to use the HubSpot CRM and the core features of HubSpot Sales to execute a high-performing inbound sales strategy.
HubSpot CMS for Developers Certification - This certification course contains lessons and resources to help web developers learn how to build and manage websites on the HubSpot CMS. You’ll learn how to use the CMS tools to create a wide variety of assets, and how to maximize your effectiveness with these tools to streamline your process and increase your productivity.
Access to HubSpot’s software is free for any faculty members who are accepted to the EPP. You can apply here and get started as soon as you’d like!
If you need to get your hands dirty before you sign up, we totally understand. There are a few ways to get a preview of the software you will have access to before signing up.
- Take a tour of our Marketing Software. Upon joining the EPP, you and your students will have access to the Professional Marketing Hub software, valued at $800 a month.
- Take a tour of our Sales Software. Upon joining the EPP, you and your students will have access to the Free Sales Hub Software.
- Take a tour of our Service Software. Upon joining the EPP, you and your students will have access to the Free Service Hub Software.
Post your ideas and provide feedback in the Education Partner Program Community of instructors and HubSpotters. You'll find an audience of your peers looking for new resources to include in their classes. It's a great opportunity to share your knowledge and build thought leadership.
Visit our community here!