Creating a "student" role and assigning certain permissions to this specific role will make it easier to assign your students permissions when you are ready to add them to your portal.
*Before we start, double check that you are in your EPP Enterprise portal (default name "edu.com" which you can learn how to rename here)*
1. While logged into your EPP Enterprise portal, navigate to the "gear" icon in the top right-hand corner.
2. Click on "Users & Teams" on the left-hand bar.
3. Click on the third tab from the left named "Roles"
4. Click the orange button on the right-hand side named "Create Role"
5. Type the name of the role such as "student" under Name
6. Click on each of the tabs and decide which permissions would be best to assign to a student. For example, we recommend providing students the ability to "publish and write" blogs, landing pages and emails. Watch the above video for a walkthrough of all of the recommended permissions.
7. Click save and you now have created a "student" role!
Tip #1: If you notice your students in the future are running into limitations in the software, it is most likely due to a permissions setting.
Tip #2: For Marketing Hub in the software, all students can be assigned these settings. For some of the permissions for Sales and Service hub, only 20 seats are available in an Enterprise portal. For more information on Sales and Service seats and how to request for more, click here.
We would love your feedback on this article and onboarding process! Please click "yes" or "no" below to let us know if this is helpful.