Adding students to your EPP Enterprise portal provides them the Enterprise tools to complete assignments and certifications.
Note: If you do not currently have a list of students enrolled in your class, please revisit this article when you have your roster.
TIP #1: Please send your students this PowerPoint after adding them to your portal. It includes instructions on what to expect and what steps they should take to activate their account.
There are two ways to add students to your portal: either manually or uploading their names using a .csv excel spreadsheet.
*Before we start, double check that you are in your EPP Enterprise portal (default name "edu.com" which you can learn how to rename here)*
1. While logged into your EPP Enterprise portal, navigate to the "gear" icon in the top right-hand corner.
2. Click on "Users & Teams" on the left-hand bar.
3. Click the orange button named "Create user" on the right-hand side.
4. Adding students one of two ways
Option 1: Adding Students Manually
Under "Create new users, one at a time." enter the email address(es) into the "Add email address(es)" field. If you are adding multiple users at the same time, separate each unique email address with a space and then click the "Next" button on the bottom right-hand corner.
Option 2: Using a CSV Excel File - RECOMMENDED
a) Create and populate your CSV excel file with 3 columns labeled "First Name" "Last Name" and "Email Address". Save the file as ".csv" on your computer.
b) Under "Or create multiple users at once.", click on the "A CSV file" icon and either drag and drop or click "choose a file". Select your populated CSV file.
c) After uploading your CSV file, under "Email Column", click the dropdown box and select "Email Address" to correspond with your CSV file's email address column. Click the "Next" button on the bottom right-hand corner.
5. Under the "Role" field, click the dropdown box and select the "Student" role that you created. If you need to create a role to assign the correct permissions, click here. After you have selected the correct role, click the "Next" button on the bottom right-hand corner.
6. Sending invitations to students
To invite the students now - RECOMMENDED
Don't check the box labeled "Don't send an email..." and click the "Send" button on the bottom right-hand corner to invite your students instantly to the portal.
To invite the students later
Check the box labeled "Don't send an email..." and click the "Add" button on the bottom right-hand corner. In the future, to send the invite email to a single student, hover over their name, click the "Actions" dropdown box and click "Resend Invite Email". If you want to send the invite email to multiple students at the same time, check the box next to each student's name on the left-hand side and then click "Resend invite email" on the top gray bar.
7. Email or send your students this PowerPoint of instructions on what to expect and what steps they should take to activate their account.
The students should receive an email from HubSpot welcoming them to your account as a user and prompting them to set their password.
You can now track your students' progress with certifications and content created in the portal!
We would love your feedback on this article and onboarding process! Please click "yes" or "no" below to let us know if this is helpful.